Saturday, January 25, 2014

Brunch and Arm Knitting

Now that we've actually been home on the weekends for a change we've instituted a Saturday brunch tradition.  It's fun/ funny because it's the only time Alex cooks.  He comes up with what we make based on a restaurant he ate breakfast at in Dallas and really liked.  One weekend it was BLT bagels, and last weekend it was scrambled eggs with bacon and cheese and a hashbrown side.  This morning it was homemade biscuits with bacon, egg, and cheese.  Clearly we try to incorporate bacon whenever possible.  It's also nice because we sleep in pretty late and then don't eat a meal again til dinner.




This afternoon I did a little arm knitting.  I had no idea this existed till Beth told me about it earlier this week.  It's pretty nifty!  Basically you use your arms as the knitting needles.  It only takes about half an hour, but it's still a good idea to eat and use the bathroom before you get started since you get a little tangled up- haha!  I messed up the first time, but thankfully ripping it out wasn't too dramatic since it's a pretty short process.
 
a couple of rows in
mid- knit
finished product
It makes a double loop infinity scarf.  Pretty cool!  I'm waiting for Alex to finish up a video game online with his brother then we're going out to Books-A-Million where I will wear my new scarf with glee.

2 comments:

Beth Owens said...

Great scarf, that yarn looks so soft! It was actually cool enough down here that I got to wear mine twice last week. Enjoy scarf weather while you can :)

Bianca said...

Lol!! I love that Alex wears a robe!
Also, can you please make me a scarf like that?!

© Unfolding the Foldenauers. Powered by Cake